Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ah, the Humanity! The Hormones!

I don't know why I am posting this video other than the fact that at some point in the 80's I had the exact same haircut as every girl (and every guy) pictured. Plus I rocked the same Esprit sweatshirt and madras shorts and sweet Jesus, clamdiggers. Honestly, what was wrong with us???

Yes, this video is pointless and a little long, but I found myself transfixed. And uncomfortable. Giggle-y and awkward, peeking out from behind my long bangs swept to one side, my eyes lined in aqua, pushing boys because I did not know how else to touch them. *I think I hate my mom just watching this video.

*Not really. I mean, I never hated my mom per se, but when I was twelve and she breathed, I rolled my eyes. In related news, in 8 years I am so fucked.

9 comments:

Pieces of a Sometimes Extraordinary Life said...

OMG, I think I was at that party. The paneled walls! The short shorts! The triangular, shoulder-length hair! The swinging of the fists and the hips! I just wish I'd known everybody else was faking the un-awkwardness too, and that I'd look back on those parties and snort.

Erin said...

THE HORROR!! Why was there so much arm flailing in the 80s? I mean, I was there, but I don't remember the flailing.

Richie Designs said...

oh sweet jesus...

I had to stop watching. totally had the hair and the argyle sweater.

not to mention a unibrow that I couldn't keep under control

essbesee said...

who is the guy with "gopher" for a nametag? I had the elongated dorothy hamill swingcut as well and continue to sport some of the worst clothing styles even though I shouuld know better by now.

72 and sunny said...

this is so incredible. i'm not sure, do i send it to my friends who are directors (ex husband) or might they turn the idea into a commercial. It's hard to turn away, but yet cringe inducing.

Scribe said...

OMG, the hair, the shorts, the Dancing in the Dark Bruce Springsteen dancing. It brings back so many memories!

Kwana said...

OMG I know all those kids and I'm now NOT friending them on Facebook. Thanks for the reminder today.

Maggie May said...

Esprit!

Suzanne said...

Oh, the memories! And the dance moves! I will never forget the 80s!