Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sprouting Potatoes + Brian Austin Green!

I have been trying so hard to save this photo for a Thanksgiving post, but every time I open my laptop it's right there, mocking me, not yet November.
And I don't even like fish. But this painting, there is something about it that I love: the oil, the abandon, the unclaimed hand grasping the inside of the reclining woman's elbow. And why is it named Sprouting Potatoes anyway? I fear that even in releasing this pic from my computer it will haunt me still.

And then this: The Way We Were. Completely and unapologetically unrelated to Sprouting Potatoes except for the mere fact that all of this exists in the same world of Wednesday on repeat; it is this type of sheer absurdism that keeps me going, the meaninglessness of life, art and Ian Ziering.


Happy Hump Day.
xo,
S

10 comments:

anita said...

for the love of god....were we *that* cheesy?!

Cindy said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
I opened this up at work and there were the boobies and the tentacles. Ew!

Brian Austin Green. How humiliated do you think he is right now? I faithfully watched "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and he was such a stud on there. Plus Megan Fox, Hello?

I was not "thankful" for these. They were more appropriate for Halloween week. lol

You are a weirdo. That's why I like you.

xo

Unknown said...

As I sit here typing my 2 year old is imitating the oddly simian way Jim and Cindy Walsh are clapping.

In any case that gives a whole new meaning to the term 'O face'.

MFAMB said...

god damn. i haven't laughed that hard in a long time. so..thank you for that.
hard to believe he is fucking megan fox.

Anonymous said...

yes, something about that combo bite of squid and melon just says "mmmmmmmmmm, good."
xoxoxo, katie

Sarah Ring said...

haha @ myfavoriteandmybest! agreed totally.

jennifer said...

that is the greatest video! I won't ask how you must have come across it . . .

Petunia Face said...

I think even back then I cringed when I saw David Silver sing and dance. At least that's what I tell myself, what we all must tell ourselves.

Unknown said...

cracking up at your comment. Ah the Donna and David days.

Kwana said...

Wow we were really that much of a hot mess huh? Guess we were and all that fish? Eww. Must have been a tough one to style. That will stay with me for a while.