Hi! Happy Monday! I (SGM) am blog-sitting today, and instead of missing Susannah and being bitter and depressed about our beach-less lives, we're going to have fun! While I'm in charge, we're going to eat crap and gossip about stupid stuff. Sound good? Okay then. Pass me one or five of Susannah's secret stash of Cadbury creme eggs (she's been hoarding them since Easter) and let's get started on Dumb Questions about the Olympics that Must Be Answered:
1. Am I the only one who thinks that gymnast Alicia Sacramone looks like Jessica Simpson?
Minus some boobs and muscle? Sorry to hit you with that Jessica photo without warning, by the way, but there is a passing resemblance, right?
Sharp-eyed reader Erin noted that Alicia also looks like Kristin Cavalleri of Laguna Beach fame. I agree!
2. Does this commercial make you tear up every. single. time?
I'm a little upset with Visa for making me look like such a little tiny baby 5 times a day.
3. Do Olympians have day jobs? Who pays for all of their training and coaching and fancy outfits and Gatorade and trips to China? Does anyone know how all of this is financed? It's not like the Olympics culminates in a huge multi-million dollar contract and you can pay everyone back. Unless, of course, you're Michale Phelps.
4. Speaking of Michael Phelps. His body? NOT TOO SHABBY.
By the way, I also cry when I see him talking about his mom.
5. How do you all feel about Paul you'll-have-to-pry-this-gold-medal-out-of-my-cold-dead-hands Hamm? What is his legacy after that debaucle in Athens? He is allegedly one of the greatest gymnasts in history, but his conduct during the 2004 Olympics left a bad taste in my mouth. I know he won his gold medal appeal, but he would have been such a (rich) hero if he would have given that medal up to the South Korean guy, who technically won. Is he paying a karmic debt with his injury this year? What do you think?
6. How cool is the swim cube?
Nice work, China! Now get cracking on that smog.
Well! Now that I've posted some photos of half-naked people, talked shit about an Olympic gold medalist, and eaten most of those Cadbury eggs, I'll be off!
Have a great week even though you're not relaxing on a sandy beach, everyone! Mommy will be home soon.