Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Did I Say Thank You?

Oh dear. Dearie, dearie me. *hands fluttering at my throat.* *maybe I have on a strand of pearls and I am twisting them nervously even though I don't own any pearls but that's just how I imagine this moment so go with me here, thanks...***
I'm verklempt. Now I'm not positive I'm allowed to be verklempt since I am not technically Jewish, or even non-technically Jewish. But us WASPS Sans A God (WASP SAGS?) don't really have a good word for it. I mean, what? Am I just supposed to say "I'm feeling quite emotional?" No, that sounds a little flat and plus, us WASP SAGS don't say that, either. Instead we just ask for a drink.
So in that case, I'd like a drink. A mojito, please, with a cocktail monkey or an umbrella? Yes, I know that's verging on trashy but this is my toast and cocktail accessories make me happy.
Cheers! To JackeeG4Glamorous at Runs with Scissors for nominating me for three different 2008 Blogger's Choice Award. Bless you and all of the kind comments you have left on my blog and now this? Well. I am Squeapishified. There. I just made up that word for us WASPY agnostics. It means I am overcome with emotion.
Thank you, dearie, thank you thank you thank you.

No comments: