Thursday, December 24, 2020

In a World Where Everything Has Changed, This Remains

2020
The first year we have not hosted Christmas Eve dinner with our families. Just the 4 of us tonight, so I ordered matching jammies to try and up the special-quotient, even though we are not traditionally a matching jammies family. No one tell Bryan, but I waited too long to order the jammies, which meant most websites couldn't get them to me on time, and other websites had stock in Ozzy's size but not mine, available tops but no bottoms, yadda yadda. So I ended up ordering women's pajamas from J. Crew. For all of us. A very unisex striped waffle weave Henley top and bottoms. So yeah, Bryan's wearing women's pjs right now and he looks hot. It's 2020. Shit is weird.

2019

2018

2017

2016

2015

2014

2013

2012

2011

The Great Mystery of the 2009 Missing Photo

2010


2008
 


2007
I am not a person big on hugs. but I swear when this is over, I am going to hug everyone and squeeze tight. Hope you are all hanging in there. 

Happy holidays and so much love,

S

5 comments:

Architreks said...

Thank you for posting this! This feels so normal, and...tethered to a different sphere. Long time reader, first time commenter. 😊 Mele Kalikimaka!

Shannon said...

I completely agree with the previous comment. Thank you so much for this one small wonderful annual post of your beautiful children and the Christmas tree. It feels like a virtual hug. This year has been the worst and reading this makes me feel like things might turn out alright... Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy 2021. Sending love from Texas from another long time reader and fan.

Petunia Face said...

Thank you both so much. I miss blogging and virtual hugs. Sending you both big squeezes, and yes--I DO think things will turn out alright. Holding on tight for July. (That's my mental things-will-be-totally-normal-by-then goalpost.)

Karen Smith said...

So happy you posted. I miss hugs the most too. What will 2021 bring? More of your writing I hope. Cheers for New Years.

Mr. X said...

Now, in December 2022, life and the world still don't feel the same to me. I'm not sure they ever will again.

It's been a few years, since I visited here. It's a nice time capsule to reflect upon times that didn't feel so heavy. The things I used to complain about now seem so trivial.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.