Thursday, October 12, 2017

My Heart Can't Take It (In a Good Way)

Wildfires, hurricanes, mass shootings, Harvey, Trump, the horizon like a set design of flat layers beautifully still with melting plastic and ash.


I force myself to remember that there are also school photos, library books, The Beatles, chai lattes, kitten videos, a piece of paper that Ozzy left on the table with a list of words he practiced writing in green crayon: egg, cow, vase, wagon, clock, pumpkin, nest, car, pretty, black, go. I tell my children that there is way more good in the world than there is bad. (I tell myself that, too.)

3 comments:

Nancy Fastenau said...

OMG they are so beautiful. They are the best good in the world! Thanks for sharing, we all need it.

kerwin said...

So this is so crazy, but is your daughter a gap model? I swear I just purchased a ruffle neck cardigan she was rocking.

Petunia Face said...

You’re not crazy! Yep that was Zoey. She’s been modeling for about a year now, and does a lot with Gap. ;)