Monday, December 14, 2015

Just Another Weekend in December

Friday night I went to a party where I got a super flattering photo of my soul. Okay, maybe not my soul, per se, but my electromagnetic field? Or my blatant need to believe in something mystical, depending on your level of woo. (For the record, I place myself somewhere in the middle of woo and woo.)
Apparently the blue arc means that I lead from the heart, that I'm kind, generous, intuitive, sensitive (so be nice in the comments). The purple points to me being a visionary, unconventional, creative, playful, non-judgmental (the only attribute I cock an eyebrow at, because duh--I am one judge-y bitch). The white orbs are flashes of higher consciousness, my angels, which is good because as I sat down to have my picture taken I closed my eyes and told my mom that she better show up. The rods emanating from my head? Honestly I forget what the aura lady said those were, and now all I can think of is the priest in The Omen, how the photograph of him showed a javelin-like object through his head, and then later he was impaled by the church spire. So if you hear that my skull has been crushed by some multi-pronged sharp thing, you have my permission to shave Ozzy's head and look for the sign of the devil.

So there I am, my energy. Do I believe? After the party I Googled auras and read all about it, the colors, the arcs and energy, Kirlian photography. I definitely believe that we all have energy. Sometimes I meet people whose energy just makes me happy; I like them instantly. And then there are people whose energy makes me close up for no other reason than they just feel off. Of course Google also showed me some articles debunking aura photography. I decided not to read them. 

Saturday I went to a memorial service for two people that I loved. There was a sacred Wiccan dance ceremony with drums, sage, bells. I closed my eyes during the guided meditation and tried very hard to think of nothing.

Sunday I went to a traditional German holiday glühwein & plätzchen party. I drank hot spiced red wine and felt hearty. 

Heart-y.
After all, this is the season to believe in it all.

Hope your weekend was just as...

xo,
S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gluehwein & Plaetzchen are the cure for everything and when in doubt, have some more!!
I should know - was practically raised on both!

Funerals should be abolished, who came up with them anyway? Yes, we mourn their death for our own selfish reason, but we could celebrate their lives and what a difference it made..... It's still hard - I know!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anonymous #1.

Funerals should be like the ones in New Orleans -- with good food, friends, and a jazz band. It's a send-off! It should be an event! It's tough to be sad when listening to a New Orleans jazz version of "When the Saints Go Marching In" and eating some BBQ.

Anonymous #2