Friday, June 26, 2009

Dancer in the Dark, i.e. Where the Sun Now Shines

In my family we have a word called "heaviosity." It describes a certain thud of thought, a self-conscious heaviness much like a goth sweating in the sun but unwilling to take off his black coat. Remember that Bjork movie where she was going blind while working in a factory and singing those nutty off-key songs while clomping across metal bridges? That right there: perfect definition of heaviosity.
This week I feel like Bjork. A goth. A goth listening to Bjork while working in a factory and closing her eyes and maybe eating black licorice. My posts have been long and drab and then long again. I feel thick with sweat so I guess the best thing to do is just disrobe.
Today I give you this: a different kind of dancer in the dark just because it's Friday and I want to make you smile. Ce qui la baise? No idea if that translates, but you get the idea. Happy Friday, my friends. May your weekend be filled with light.
p.s. I am well aware that most people loved that Bjork movie. I did not. I should also confess that I did not like "Once" so maybe you hate me now which would totally suck for you because I am more than willing to lend out my Raidoree to friends, first come, first serve.

8 comments:

miss. chief said...

the only thing i can read on that says "keeps your hands free"
haha WHAT THE HELL

nicole said...

you really need to write a book, or do stand up, or write conan o'briens monologue or something...you're good sister!

Laurie Stark said...

I liked 'Once' just fine, but found it merely pleasant and forgettable. Unlike you, who is unforgettable and, at times I'm sure, unpleasant.

ZDub said...

Is that thing to make sure your crack gets tan?

WHAT THE HELL INDEED.

And I have no idea what Bjork film you speak of because all I do is work and work and work.

Scribe said...

I think I'll pass on the Raidoree, but not on your posts. You're groovy! Even with the occasional down dirges. It's all about the balance! Happy Friday!

Erienne said...

i'm pretty sure that photo is perhaps one of the most frightening i've seen in a while ; ) hope the interview went well and that you will soon be EMPLOYED!!! now if only i could get so lucky.

ps: Your blog is clearly fabulous and so I am giving you the "one fabulous blog" award! If you want to give awards to others, pick 15 blogs you love and have newly discovered. Link back to me, then link to them. Let them know you have chosen them by writing a comment on their blog. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Where to buy please? kthx.

Kacey said...

I just went in voted for your blog under the funniest blog category at:http://www.socialluxelounge.com/blogluxe/.Its posts like these that make ur blog the funniest and to me ur humor is just so natural and great because I dont think you ever plan or try to be funny,it just is and thats whats so great about your blog.Thanks so much for making me laugh ever day.Keely