Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pillow Talk

One day Ozzy is going to have a daughter named Dottie and a son named Zack. At least that’s what he says, and I cannot wait to meet my grandchildren. Well, I mean I can wait--at least 20 years or 30, but still, the idea of them is there. I can feel it.
In the meantime, I have this. This Slurpee-lipped boy who says he wants to marry me. He told me so the other night as I was putting him to bed, and all Oedipal-Ewness aside, I would totally say yes if I weren’t already married, 38 years older than he is, plus his mother. Instead I will settle for saying yes to whoever he chooses to love. Yes, I will love him forever, her, too, or him, whatever, plus little Dottie and Zack. I love them already, the family that he will one day have. Which is good since, as he just told me tonight as I put him to bed, he will probably have to find someone else to marry when he grows up, because I will be dead.

xo,
S

5 comments:

The French Tangerine said...

the best! he is the cutest.. XOXO

The French Tangerine said...

PS and you look beautiful! XO

Karen Smith said...

Darling.
And hopefully you'll be as lucky in the future as I felt on my birthday, on the weekend, reading my adult son's long post to me on my FB timeline, declaring his love and admiration for me.
I done good!

Mr. X said...

Much like his Father, Ozzie has impeccable taste in women.

Mr. X said...

Please forgive my faux pas in misspelling Master Ozzy's name.