Tuesday, September 23, 2014

BALLS

BALLS, you guys. First off, I didn't really intend for that to become my rallying cry, but it looks like it may be, sort of like Wolverines! was to Red Dawn, only when I made that analogy to a coworker she had no idea what I was talking about so I am also old. Balls! So many of you emailed me BALLS, Facebooked me a sweet "balls", more than a few times at work I was balled in the hallway. Which sounds so wrong but is so very right.
Thank you.
I was going to let my previous post sit for a few days because its long and a lot, but I couldn't NOT not say thank you. A triple negative to mean an exponential positive. It's surprising how much stronger I feel knowing that you are all cheering me on.

Of course now I face another challenge in that after this is all said and done, I was planning on getting a tattoo to honor what I have gone through.* I was thinking maybe some deep and meaningful Hebrew lettering I may come across in Tel Aviv? The chemical compound of the chemo drugs they give me? I don't know, but right now all I've got are BALLS, and while that is an awesome battle cry, I don't really want hairy testicles forever on the inside of my arm.

Thoughts?

xo,
S

p.s. Here is the link again if you want to donate.

*I believe one has to wait at least a year after HSCT to get a tattoo due to the weakened immune system, so I've got some time.

No comments: