Monday, August 3, 2009

Nothing To See Here

Okay, so this blog isn't a church and I am neither a lesbian or a witch. But I do have those glasses although they don't look half as good without her hairdo, and I am holding a rose beneath my face right this very minute! What are the chances, I ask? Plus I am also missing something--writing, being funny, my daughter, maybe you?--but promise to be back tomorrow with more. (More what remains to be seen.)


Sparkie said...

OK, so have you talked about the signifigance of the French written on your new header yet? If so I missed it. My high school French largely escapes me except for useless phrases:

Il est a la piscine.
Avec qui?
Avec Anne.

La specialite de la maison: du ragout.

ALM anybody?

So, I can get the hightlighted bit "It's a hat". Sounds like the punchline of a good story. Oui ou non?

Petunia Face said...

Hi Sparkie,

It's an excerpt from The Little Prince, and it translates as follows:
Whenever I met one of them who seemed to me at all clear-sighted, I tried the experiment of showing him my Drawing Number One, which I have always kept. I would try to find out, so, if this was a person of true understanding. But, whoever it was, he, or she, would always say: "That is a hat." Then I would never talk to that person about boa constrictors, or primeval forests, or stars. I would bring myself down to his level. I would talk to him about bridge, and golf, and politics, and neckties. And the grown-up would be greatly pleased to have met such a sensible man.

It is my hope to always see the hat as something else entirely :)


miss. chief said...

you are holding a rose beneath your face AND typing?! that is talented!!

Simply Mel said...

I need to photoshop my face into this great photo and send to my right-wing conservative Baptist family in Georgia! :)

The Lil Bee said...

How bewitching, my little petunia!

BTW just read your message to Sparkle. Really love that excerpt!

Kat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog & your comments! I know it'll pass, it's just this great big wall.
Like a great big wall of shit, sort of, and I can't go back. Or maybe like a ring of shit & I'm in the middle.
(LOL, if you read thru June, I blogged about your blog! Hope you don't mind- I didn't haven't anything good going on so I just posted a link to yours instead :). It was a great post~)

Tales From A Bar Stool said...

hahah! That image just made me laugh out loud. Love. It.