Sunday, August 12, 2012

Look for Zoey at Burning Man in 2025

Her preferred method of transportation these days is the hula hoop. Which is not exactly a transportational method per se, but this does not bother her. She hula hoops around the house kicking a ball, picking up toys, dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller and eating blueberries, though she has yet to master the narrow width of the hallway.

It's friction, of course. The force of friction between her small body and the hoop equal to the pull of gravity. Easy to understand if you have a mind that swallows the small subset symbol of an f or doesn't stop to even question it, or both, but mine does not and the hula hoop jumps away from my hips because it knows. Gravity takes over.

On another note: what would you do with that fugly stone facade fireplace if you were me? The long-term plan is to either blast it off completely or build a wood fascia over it, though we can't afford to do either one right now. Thing is, I can't help but feel like 1974 is staring at me while licking at the corners of its mustache every time I sit in our living room. I vote to paint the stone white as a quick fix, but Bryan says that would be even uglier. So super non-efficient and probably worthless poll: what would you do?

p.s. Dude.

11 comments:

Jules said...

Mikey sucks at hullo hoop, and I think it's funny. He looks at them like they are symbols of defeat and disgrace.

Don't paint your fireplace. It will look like a pile of marshmallows. I have the same fireplace, and believe it or not, it looks A LOT better once I decorated the room around it. Unless you've seen pictures and think it's still ugly. If that's the case, I have nothing for you.

Cindy * GoodHaus Design said...

Impressive work, Zoey! She is getting so tall and thin. I used to be decent at the hula hoop; you would think my now-larger ass would keep it from falling to the ground, but no...

I was thinking the same thing -- paint the fireplace for now, and then build out around it.

At the risk of stating the obvious, that Circ woman must be amazing in bed. I more closely resemble the creepy shemale in the background. haha

xo

anita said...

She's good!

Don't paint the fireplace.

sunshine said...

Zoe is amazing with the hulla hop, reminds me of myself when I was that age... unfortunately I grew out of it and now I suck at it! :(... hope she won't!

What I would do with the fireplace is to put a shelf in top of the opening and then put things there to add a focus point to it. Or put a painting on it to also focus the attention on that and not the fireplace. Bushy plants on the sides might help too.

katie said...

hallways are overrated.
don't touch the faux stone. revel in its 1974-ness. in fact, have brian grow a mustache, buy a bear-skin rug {faux too please}, stop waxing your own "self," and just get SUPER 70's on that rug if you know what i mean....
or paint it.
xo,
katie

Petunia Face said...

*Sigh* I take the same meaningless poll with everyone who sets foot in my house and sadly, even though I shoot everyone pleading daggers to give the right (white) answer, everyone says I should leave the stone in all of its stoney glory. Of course Bryan hears everyone say this and gets all gloat-y.

So if you need me I will be the one wearing the crochet tube top by the fireplace.

Anonymous said...

I like the stone fireplace.

essbesee said...

Such coordination! I dig the stone, but it's faux? If faux, I vote no. You must paint white to make it right.

e.gray said...

Hula hoops hate my hips, too.

Fireplace...If you do white, you have to embrace it, I think, like repeat the white and make it purposeful.
I do like the idea of a thick fat shelf and using that to display some more modern, white (or other color) accessories. It is possible to work with that stone, but it would take some real lovin'...

You'll make it work.

(Glad you're back!)

e.gray said...

Hula hoops hate my hips, too.

Fireplace...If you do white, you have to embrace it, I think, like repeat the white and make it purposeful.
I do like the idea of a thick fat shelf and using that to display some more modern, white (or other color) accessories. It is possible to work with that stone, but it would take some real lovin'...

You'll make it work.

(Glad you're back!)

e.gray said...

Hula hoops hate my hips, too.

Fireplace...If you do white, you have to embrace it, I think, like repeat the white and make it purposeful.
I do like the idea of a thick fat shelf and using that to display some more modern, white (or other color) accessories. It is possible to work with that stone, but it would take some real lovin'...

You'll make it work.

(Glad you're back!)