Friday, February 18, 2011

(dolorem = pain, grief, misery, suffering; ipsum = itself)

Sometimes I imagine you sitting at your computer there, right leg crossed over your left like mine. Hi. How are you doing? Fine, you say, okay, good, because you’re polite like that, and then you ask me back and I tell you that lately? (Because I am not polite like that.) Lately? I’ve had the pain of a dull knife inserted under my ribs on the right side, and you crinkle your eyes in concern. Oh no, I say too fast, don’t worry. Apparently it’s just my muscle separating from my rib to make room for my shifting organs because of Lorem Ipsum, which is what I call the baby even though I think we have a name. Maybe you shift in your chair not knowing quite what to say. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. I let the sentence sit there as a placeholder for something that has not yet happened, and you smile, I smile, and we watch this video because it’s Friday.

7 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

thank you

Tamara said...

My dear, I had the same pain. It was so bad that I wanted to reach down my throat and smack that little baby silly...does that make me unfit? I managed to ease the pain (temporarily) by gently pressing down on the top of my rib cage on that side. Feel better.

wonderchris said...

That video is 100% awesome!!! What a lush! :D

Zakary said...

That video. I want to buy tiny beer bottles and a puppet and have another baby just to recreate this.

Happy Friday.

Richie Designs said...

BRILLIANT!

sweetbittertart said...

Holy crap that's awesomeness - and a little too close to home. I see myself in that baby. : ) Do you have one of those body pillow thingys? That helped me. xo

Jules said...

Ah, yes. I really needed that.