Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Land Before www.Time.com

A long time ago in a faraway land there was no internet. (Or if there was and somebody asked me for a url I said it started with h-t-t-p, semi-colon, two little forward slash thingies, then 3 w's... the whole thing seemed like a hassle, really.) In this mythical place I used to watch television. Live television. Like, if I had to go pee I had to time it during the commercials. In this long ago era of channel searching, TV Guide, of not making plans because you didn't want to miss "on the next episode of," during this time I actually watched commercials. Read. Sometimes a book a night. Magazines--I suscribed to magazines, imagine! Once upon a time I played gin rummy with my husband. Whatdoyou wanna do? he'd ask me, or I him. Then we'd spoon on the couch and fall asleep.

Fast forward to now. I put Zoey to bed and go online. Bryan comes home and checks his email. Works. I blog. Glance at the clock and it's bedtime. Past bedtime. I am in the middle of 4 different books but can't seem to finish any of them. I cannot remember if we ever played Aces high or low.Aside from the fact that the bedroom wall here appears to be sponge-painted and the woman pictured features the faint shadow of five o'clock somewhere, this could well be Bryan & me. (After all, our bedspread also says love in some sort of galactic script, natch.)

Anyhow, this photo simply serves as a Note to Self: Make the effort to fall asleep on the couch at least once this week with my husband, for old time's sake.
xo,
S

5 comments:

essbesee said...

I hear ya. sounds exactly like me. may that frightening couple serve as a reminder to us all.

nova said...

Yeah, she's totally a man.

Shannon said...

ummm...is that Tim McGraw?
Seriously, how can anyone even think sexy with the size of that keyboard, my wrist hurst just looking at the thing, it's no wonder she can't shave!

Maggie May said...

i love falling asleep together on the couch!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

My favorite fall asleep spot is the nook of husband's neck.

And I love that you wrote 'natch'!