Friday, November 20, 2009

Said Cheese

Much of what I love about motherhood (other than the actual child) was at some point sold to me wrapped in convention and tied with a cliche. Shrinky dinks, matching mother/daughter aprons, the two of us walking on the beach talking about that not-so-fresh feeling (which hasn't happened yet but probably will in 20 years, of that I am pretty certain). In a world in which I rarely know what I am doing I find safety in string cheese.
Which is why I love Zoey's school picture--her first. Good old dorky school pictures, soft focus frizz, just check out those hands! Clasped, all with an envelope and an order form for mom. This girl could sell me juice boxes, insurance, Ranger Rick magazines, for some reason a membership to AARP. This girl makes me feel happy, even if it is a cliche. Happy Friday.
xo,
S & Z

24 comments:

Kwana said...

That is one beauty of a first picture. Make it big and display it proudly.

Unknown said...

Oh what a picture! How can you even look at it and not cry with joy???

Unknown said...

Oh what a picture! How can you even look at it and not cry with joy???

Duel Living said...

She is beautiful! Love the bow, love the hair, love the smile, love the hands. You done good girl!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, the photographer at Zoey's preschool was so much better than the photographer at Porter's preschool.

Cathi said...

What a gorgeous picture! It brings me back to my kids first picture and how cute they were!

Enjoy each moment with your Zoey - they grow up so fast!

ZDub said...

If you don't order a 234x89 copy, I WILL.

Anonymous said...

Don't ever apologize for enjoying something as beautiful as a picture like this of your angel. Wow! Simply wow!

MFAMB said...

how do you not eat that?

Nancy Fastenau said...

Fantastic! That girl has wonderful genes.

Nancy Fastenau said...

Fantastic! That girl has wonderful genes.

dee said...

That girl is gorgeous. I mean, seriously...she is a knockout and you guys are in deep shit in, oh, about 10 years...maybe sooner?...just sayin'!

PS: I don't know if it's your fault or influence, but we've both been calling Devon "Patoons," which is some bastardized version of Petunia Face, I'm sure, and now I can't stop!!

Anonymous said...

so adoroble.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I want to eat her up...every single morsel of cuteness!

Geli said...

aawww how can you restrain yourself from cuddling
her nonstop?
It seems only yesterday that my daughter had her
first picture taken. Today she's 14 with an attitude.
Nonetheless, every year is enjoyable - having a daughter is so much fun, isn't it?

Sharon Brown said...

She and my own 3 year old are running a close race for ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!?!??!?! delicious!!!

Sharon Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

She is so beautiful!

Oona Johnson said...

It's hard to believe she is soooooo cute! She needs to be a model.

Petunia Face said...

I am such a proud mama. Thank you all :)

Vanessa said...

Seriously, you have the cutest daughter ever.

G said...

oh my gosh. she looks like a child model for real! i think most kids are ugly too. (I'm a bitch, another story...) but she's stunning!!

Kirsten @Apothecasf.com said...

I am literally dying of the cuteness. Okay, not literally, but close.